Sensis is seeking an Editor / Copywriter to join our Washington, DC team of talented professionals. This position will be responsible for reviewing textual and design elements for grammar, spelling, accuracy, consistency, spacing, graphic style, etc. We are looking for someone who can perform quality checks using established client procedures to ensure the accuracy and integrity of deliverables.
This opening is for an initial period of six months, with the possibility of becoming a permanent position.
This position requires focus, high attention to detail and the ability to work independently while remaining focused on team goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proofread materials for spelling, usage and grammatical errors.
- Work directly with account manager and graphic artist.
- Complete work with high standards of quality in a timely manner.
- Check URL, names, numbers, addresses, and other information with appropriate back-up sources for accuracy
- Assist with copy editing and copywriting when needed
- Ability to turn around projects within tight timelines
- Proficiency with APA-style editing (current version)
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters’ degree preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in a creative proofreading/copyediting role preferred
- Willingness to work hard, with occasional long hours
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio if required and answer all questions in our online interface for consideration.
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.