Reports to: CEO
As a growing advertising agency, we are looking for a HR Manager in our Downtown LA office to supplement our current Administrative infrastructure. This person would focus on owning much of the day-to-day HR functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Staff/Freelance Recruitment: Posting of jobs, scheduling interviews, initial screening for candidate viability
- Benefits administration (Medical/Dental/Vision Plans, COBRA, 401(k) administrative Needs)
- Assist with Payroll
- Reporting/Compliance coordination (EDD, EEOC reports, etc.)
- Create and maintain job descriptions for various positions within the company
- Work with new hires on paperwork and administrative tasks, orientation
- Answer routine employee questions, accurate record keeping, filing, and similar duties
- Ensure all HR procedures and processes are followed for compliance and efficiency
- Establish and maintains all employee personnel records
- Develop programs aimed at optimizing employee morale and teamwork
- Liaise between company branches and optimize communication
We need an experienced HR Manager who can function independently.
- 3+ years experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Must have knowledge of Federal /State employment laws and regulations; specifically California
- Multi state experience beneficial
- Must have solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Must have payroll experience, with an understanding of PTO,Garnishments, Cafeteria Plan Deductions, etc (ADP: plus)
- Ability to understand the flow of Human Resources transactions and processes.
- Must have excellent problem solving/judgment skills with high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Must have strong organizational skills and a proven ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Must have a strong sense of urgency to respond to and address all HR-related inquiries timely and professionally from both internal and external stakeholders
- Must be able to effectively draft and prepare professionally written correspondence
- Is comfortable with change
- Utmost discretion and confidentiality practiced
- Must be extremely organized
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio if required and answer all questions in our online interface for consideration.
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.