Business Development Manager
Sensis is looking for a high-energy, driven professional with strong business acumen, technical aptitude, and a desire for a fast-track career in sales to grow our national, full-service marketing agency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify and independently follow through on prospective client targets and opportunities that are consistent with the agency’s core competencies and interests
- Prospect, develop, maintain and grow revenue-generating relationships with new businesses
- Build and manage pipeline and forecast
- Communicate Sensis’ offerings and unique value proposition to prospective clients via phone, in-person meetings/presentations, networking and through formal proposals
- Maintain a solid understanding of Sensis’ business, strategic objectives, reporting requirements and financial needs – stay informed of relevant industry trends
- Keep senior leadership informed of progress at all times
- Explore cold and warm leads through Sensis’ internal databases along with other resources
- Attend networking events and begin developing relationships with potential clients – serve as a Sensis ambassador
- Create, update and maintain sales collateral
- Participate in appropriate trade groups and organizations
- Assist senior staff in moving potential clients through sales pipeline process
- Manage and leverage internal and external resources to create commercial proposals
- Support government proposals as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
- 3-5 years experience in a professional environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and verbal)
- Excellent writing skills with a strong preference for those with proposal writing experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet and exceed revenue goals and excel in a highly competitive market
- Confident, polished, positive, upbeat and self-motivated
- Strong desire to learn
- Computer-savvy with strong Excel and MS Office skills
- Able to handle multiple priorities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Salesforce experience
- Corporate prospecting experience
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Effective time management with organizational skills
- Past marketing/advertising agency experience
- Strong “rolodex” of contacts and/or ability to generate new contacts
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio if required and answer all questions in our online interface for consideration.
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.