Graphic/ Web Designer
We have a unique opportunity for a talented individual to serve in a full-time Graphic/Web Designer capacity on-site for one of our key Government clients in Washington, DC. Though you will report into our DC office, you will work at our client’s location where we will provide graphic support services to develop effective promotional and educational materials, along with servicing client web properties from design to implementation. Services will include flash presentations (multimedia), tent cards, publications, posters, invitations, banners, flyers, brochures and customer guides. There will also be some support provided with photography, exhibit design, and general multimedia, along with internal conference and meeting assistance. Due to the nature of this position, professionalism is just as important as creative ability.
Duties and Responsibilities
Graphic Design and Support Tasks
- Design, revise & update web-based materials including publications, posters, brochures, presentations, etc. as well as web multimedia presentations and videos
- Editing & illustration services; preparation and production of presentations, handouts, promotional communications, and briefs
- Provide recommendations to the client on multimedia best practices and technical specifications
- Provide recommendations to the client on social media strategies and content.
- Contribute to communications & advertising strategies
- Task plan production: includes project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities
- Provide creative support for local conferences
- Interface with Government Printing Office during production process, as necessary
- Digital photo development & editing
- Provide art direction during photo shoots
- Provide photography services to supplement graphic design
- Select and purchase graphic-related materials (stock photography, etc.)
- Provide graphic design services for special projects on an as-needed basis, subject to new initiatives, legislation, policies and products.
- 5+ years of Graphic/Web Design Experience
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite 5 and Microsoft Office Software (not just Photoshop – you must have skills with InDesign and Illustrator as well)
- Ability to work and design on a PC
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with client executives and work well with all levels of management
- A positive, ‘Can-Do’ outlook. You must be able to roll up your sleeves, be solutions-oriented, and never have a ‘that’s not in my job description’ attitude
- Strong attention to detail ; someone who avoids errors like the plague
- Ability to work full-time, between the hours of 7am - 6pm (actual schedule to be determined)
- DHS Public Trust clearance highly desirable
We are looking for someone who is a consummate professional. You will be representing our firm at the client location, and thus we are seeking someone polished, presentable and personable.
- A thorough background check (including a credit report) will be conducted for this role. As this is an on-site position at our Government client’s facilities, we would assume that by applying for this role you have a squeaky clean record
- Only U.S. citizens, who have resided in the U.S. for at least 3 of the past 5 years, will be considered for this role
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio if required and answer all questions in our online interface for consideration.
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.