We are looking for a full time Senior Copywriter with an established track record working on fully integrated advertising and digital campaigns at established agencies, big or small. You're a "big idea" creative, you understand the difference between concept and execution. And you can translate a big idea concept into a variety of tactics, both digital and traditional. But you are not above taking on smaller tactical assignments either. You can write Paid Search Ads just as effectively as a TV or digital campaign. And you can keep your head in more than one client (or industry vertical) on any given day. You thrive in fast-paced environments, with quick turnarounds, but are also detail oriented, and rarely drop balls. You multitask. You present creative work persuasively, in person or on conference calls. Clients love you. You have a sense of humor, but know when to get serious. You're infinitely patient. You know how to deal with clients who are not digitally savvy (but think they are). You know you're good, but you're not arrogant, and check your ego at the door. You love the idea of working in a multicultural team environment in Downtown Los Angeles, at the heart of the resurgent Broadway Theater District, surrounded by incredible food and a surprisingly lively urban environment. And you know what it's like to work in a medium-sized ad shop that is growing quickly, rolling with the punches, turning on a dime, and always landing on your feet.
Spanish/Bilingual Skills a massive plus! (But you need to fully command English, both written and spoken, and even take responsibility for proofing your own copy.)
Please include a link to your online portfolio/work samples on your resume. (Resumes without portfolio links will not be considered.)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position may include some or all of the following:
1. Work as a team with Senior Art Director, Digital Art Director and/or Designer to deliver big idea concepts and/or ads, expressed via long and short copy for digital as well as traditional advertising media. These include, but are not limited to, landing pages, websites, standard & rich media banners, webisodes, video pre-roll & interstitial, mobile ads, tweets, facebook, instagram and snapchat content, print, outdoor, POS, collateral, radio, TV and guerrilla tactics.
2. Write, proofread and accurately edit copy for a variety of clients ranging from CPG, to Government Services, to Healthcare, to Higher Education and Energy Utilities.
3. Collaborate with Strategic Planning, Design, User Experience, and other internal agency departments to deliver brand messages and meet or exceed client goals.
4. Rewrite, edit, and fact check copy as needed.
5. Present creative clearly and persuasively to internal agency staff and/or clients, as needed.
6. Draft creative rationales in support of creative work, write/edit/proofread presentation materials and/or RFP responses, as needed.
7. Take responsibility to lead creative in the accounts assigned to you, frequently working with limited creative supervision, and delivering relevant creative directly to strategy, accounts and clients.
1. Minimum 3-5 years of copywriting or writing experience, preferably at an ad agency or interactive shop
2. College degree required; Bachelor of Journalism, English, Comparative Literature (Eng/Span), Creative Writing, Communications or similar writing-intensive degree preferred
3. Proven advertising copywriting experience with a demonstrably high level of conceptual thinking, creativity, accuracy, and an eagle-eye for typos
4. Must be thoroughly web savvy, demonstrate a proven grasp of the latest and greatest social media, mobile apps, search, and other digital platforms
4. Ability to think conceptually, and execute creative that meets strategic goals across a variety of media in fully integrated fashion
5. Mac-based creative department (Microsoft applications: Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required. (Knowledge of design programs appreciated, but not required.)
6. Excellent oral and verbal communication skills; must be comfortable and willing to present to groups large and small
7. Ability to learn about new industries and products quickly and vary tone and messaging based on medium, audience, and client category
8. Ability to work in a team setting with various departments, must be a good listener and take direction well. Must be open and willing to revise, revise, revise.
9. Ability to meet tight deadlines with a good work ethic and multi-task between multiple client jobs simultaneously.
10. Ability to work independently, but also conceptualize and collaborate together with designers and developers, as needed.
11. Positive attitude, ability to roll with the punches, willingness to keep learning and growing.
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio if required and answer all questions in our online interface for consideration.
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.