PR/Social Media Manager
This position will serve as the voice of various brands in our PR and social media efforts, and will support the agency in the development and execution of online community management campaigns along with general strategic initiatives. You must
be fluent in both English and Spanish and be able to write well in both languages, including understanding the idioms of Spanish in social media.
You should be a digital native, focused on creating enticing and sharable content for various social platforms. You must be very active in social media yourself, and maintain a influencer-level profile across key social media platforms. You should understand how to grow a brand’s social presence, both through paid and organic means and run reports and translate metrics into usable information to help guide the overall communication strategy of the brand. You should have affinity towards being engaged in, leading and serving a community of social media faithfuls across all platforms. Knowledge of tools such as Hootsuite, Radian6, and Google Analytics are a must!
You will be responsible for guiding and executing strategic social media initiatives, including developing and managing viral campaigns, creating and maintaining high-profile channel accounts, and integrating social, community-based media into the overall business strategy, growth goals and strategic directions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop social media community plans for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and any emerging platforms
- Design content calendar and social campaign for the brands’ owned communities, partnerships, and field marketing activities
- Oversee and manage posting of content (text and image-based)
- Develop media lists, media/blogger databases and additional contact lists
- Assist w/ distribution and pitching of press materials to the media
- Track and report media coverage; fulfill media requests under supervision of PR Director
- Leverage current social listening platforms to monitor online conversation and identify potential partnerships and influencers
- Develop and execute upon content optimization plan to improve post performance over time
- Identify and proactively outreach to consumers who may have an interest in company products
- Develop influencer outreach plan and targets based off of identified qualifications
- Liaise with communications team to coordinate outreach to online influencers, aimed at driving buzz for the brand and social media programming
- Writes presentations and supports presentation writing materials for his/her team
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience a must, including 1 year of experience within PR
- Degrees in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related fields
- Must possess an expert knowledge and technical understanding of social media networking channels
- Previous experience in the successful planning, implementation and management of pr/social media campaigns
- Experience developing social media metrics, tracking results, gleaning insights from data and reporting
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative personality and proven experience of working in a team
- Deadline oriented and flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and rapidly shift priorities based upon the organizational needs
- Stay current and forward thinking on new social media tools and platforms, best practices and use within the competitive landscape.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Fully bilingual in English and Spanish, with experience crafting copy in both languages, particularly for social media
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio if required and answer all questions in our online interface for consideration.
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.