The Earned Media Director will oversee Earned Media department, by supporting the agency in the development and execution of media relations, social media, influencer outreach and content marketing programs for our clients, new business pitches and internal corporate.
- Serve as the internal and external Earned Media point of contact, for relevant client accounts
- Solidify relationships with department heads to proactively manage potential hurdles if they arise
- Nurture inter-department process to ensure smooth and efficient development and execution of earned media programs
- Support the culture and development of the agency through participation in the creation and roll-out of training, development/ mentoring, special projects and new business leadership or initiatives
- Social Media
- Develop social media community plans for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and any emerging platforms
- Create content calendar and social campaign for the brands’ owned communities, partnerships, and field marketing activities
- Oversee and manage posting of content (text and image-based)
- Develop and execute upon content optimization plan to improve post performance over time
- Leverage current social listening platforms to monitor online conversation and identify potential partnerships and influencers
- Influencer Outreach
- Concept and execute innovative influencer outreach programs with bloggers, social media influencers and digital content creators
- Public Relations / Media Relations
- Develop influencer outreach plans and targets based off of identified qualifications
- Develop media lists, media/blogger databases and additional contact list
- Distribute and pitch press materials to the media
- Track and report media coverage
- Fulfill media requests
- Content Marketing
- Develop and execute digitally-focused content marketing programs
- Manage effective content distribution and syndication
- Manage contract and external content production teams and resources
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify organic growth opportunities for clients
- Foster innovate approaches to deliver client’s objectives
- Support Business Development by providing Earned Media proposal content and participating in new business pitches
- Manage Earned Media Specialist - performance evaluations, career progression planning and addressing performance issues
- Train and motivate Earned Media Specialist, delegate responsibly, and maintain a positive environment that demands great work and recognizes achievement and growth of Earned Media Specialist
- Digital savvy, focused on creating enticing and sharable content for various social platforms.
- Active in social media and maintain an influencer-level profile across key social media platforms.
- Understand how to grow a brand’s social presence, both through paid and organic means and run reports and translate metrics into usable information to help guide the overall communication strategy of the brand.
- Have affinity towards being engaged in, leading and serving a community of social media faithfuls across all platforms.
- Experience in multicultural markets – Hispanic, African-American and Asian
- Knowledge of tools such as Hootsuite, Radian6, and Google Analytics are a must!
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of experience a must, including 1 year of experience within PR
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or related fields
- Must possess an expert knowledge and technical understanding of social media networking channel
- Previous experience in the successful planning, implementation and management of PR/social media/content marketing campaigns
- Experience developing social media metrics, tracking results, gleaning insights from data and reporting
- Entrepreneurial spirit, creative personality and proven experience of working in a team
- Deadline oriented and flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise
- Ability to manage heavy workloads and rapidly shift priorities based upon the organizational needs
- Stay current and forward thinking on new social media tools and platforms, best practices and use within the competitive landscape.
- Attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written skills
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.