Social Media Manager/Jr. Planner
|Title:||Social Media Manager/Jr. Planner|
Bilingual Social Media Manager/Jr. Planner (English/Spanish)
The Bilingual Social Media Manager/Jr. Planner will serve as the voice of various brands in social media, and will support the agency in the development and execution of online community management campaigns along with general strategic initiatives. We are not looking for the average social media community manager: this person must have the voice, the personality, and the results-driven measurement approach to social media management. You must be fluent in both English and Spanish and be able to write well in both languages, including understanding the idioms of Spanish in social media.
You should be a digital native, focused on creating enticing and sharable content for various social platforms. You must be very active in social media yourself, and maintain a influencer-level profile across key social media platforms. You should understand how to grow a brand’s social presence, both through paid and organic means. The social media community manager should understand how to run reports and translate metrics into usable information to help guide the overall communication strategy of the brand. You should have affinity towards being engaged in, leading and serving a community of social media faithfuls across all platforms. Knowledge of tools such as Hootsuite, Radian6, and Google Analytics are a must!
You will be responsible for guiding and executing strategic social media initiatives, including developing and managing viral campaigns, creating and maintaining high-profile channel accounts, and integrating social, community-based media into the overall business strategy, growth goals and strategic directions.
· Develop social media community plans for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest and any emerging platforms
· Design content calendar and social campaign for the brands’ owned communities, partnerships, and field marketing activities
· Oversee and manage posting of content
· Create textual and basic image-based social media content
· Leverage current social listening platforms to monitor online conversation and identify potential partnerships and influencers
· Identify opportunities and recommendations for activity in online platforms
· Manage projects across departments to ensure strategies and communications are consistent and integrated
· Reply to consumer questions and comments on various social media platforms. Work with internal teams to field product questions when
required and respond accordingly
· Develop and execute upon content optimization plan to improve post performance over time
· Identify and proactively outreach to consumers who may have an interest in company products
· Develop influencer outreach plan and targets based off of identified qualifications
· Liaise with communications team to coordinate outreach to online influencers, aimed at driving buzz for the brand and social media programming
· Help build and organize planning projects and materials including
o Creative inspiration and stimulus
o Briefs and briefings
· Develop working knowledge of clients business including the category, the competitive
environment, brand equity etc
· Works with other planners/vendors to design and execute consumer research
· Analysis of data/consumer output from primary and secondary research to come to
thoughtful and inspiring conclusions
· Evaluates the metrics of projects success and delivers strong recommendations based on
· Writes presentations and supports presentation writing materials for his/her team
· Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of experience a must
· Degrees in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing, Anthropology, Visual Design, Computer Programming or related fields
· Must possess an expert knowledge and technical understanding of social media networking channels
· Previous experience in the successful planning, implementation and management of social media campaigns
· Experience developing social media metrics, tracking results, gleaning insights from data and reporting
· Entrepreneurial spirit, creative personality and proven experience of working in a team
· Deadline oriented and flexible enough to adjust to new opportunities as they arise
· Ability to manage heavy workloads and rapidly shift priorities based upon the organizational needs
· Stay current and forward thinking on new social media tools and platforms, best practices and use within the competitive landscape.
· Excellent verbal and written skills
· Fully bilingual in English and Spanish, with experience crafting copy in both languages, particularly for social media
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume and online portfolio/ links to samples of online communities you have been involved with to our job interface linked below.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.
Sensis is a cross-cultural advertising agency with digital at its core.
We opened our doors in 1998. We got our start building websites and have expanded into a full service advertising agency. Our work is explicitly cross-cultural, working across diverse markets, to maximize mainstream resources and reach. Sensis drives integration—digital with traditional, ethnic with general market—through intuitive web design, legitimate social media programs, and multicultural relevance.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications