Earned Media Specialist
Reports to: Earned Media Director
We are seeking an Earned Media (PR) Specialist who will be part of the Sensis Earned Media team, handling public relations and social media for clients and the agency. The Specialist should possess a broad understanding of major disciplines of public relations/communications, digital marketing with specialization in social media and content marketing specifically.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as a day-to-day client contact and is responsible for overall success of the client partnership with regards to Earned Media; also serves as a key team member on internal agency public relations/social projects.
- Day-to-day client activities include but are not limited to:
- Brainstorms and pitches ideas internally and with clients
- Devises client-appropriate strategy and implementation
- Manage timelines, deliverables, and related process documents
- Participates in Earned Media related client calls and presents deliverables
- Manages media relations for clients and the agency, including list development and pitching (in Spanish and English)
- Develops social media calendars (in both Spanish and English)
- Schedule and publish posts from approved social media calendars
- Plans external special events/conferences/speaking engagements for clients and agency
- Provides guidance and support to client and agency departments/practices planning events and other public relations activities
- Develops and disseminates public relations (English and Spanish) materials, including press releases, media packets, FAQ’s/Q&A, backgrounders, media alerts, talking points, interview briefings
- Establishes priorities for work assignments, monitors progress, reviews deliverables and ensures products are delivered in a timely manner
- Creates PR and social media reports and presents campaign analysis, successes and learnings
- Boots/Promotes social media posts to amplify reach on social media channels
- Manages activities with key partners, vendors, and contractors
- Develops valuation methodologies for assessing earned media successes
- Researches and stays up-to-date on earned media, social media and content marketing trends, platforms, developments and vendors
- Bilingual – English and Spanish, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, communications or related field
- Extensive work experience in public relations and social media for at least five years
- Working knowledge of content marketing
- Previous agency experience with work on multicultural clients
- Presentation capabilities and comfort meeting with clients
- Solid communication skills and the ability to articulate ideas and thoughts (written & verbal).
- Self-starter; takes initiative; and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Strong Word and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with Excel
- Proficiency in using social media listening and publishing tools (i.e., SproutSocial, Sysomos, Nuvi, Hootsuite, Buffer)
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Higher ed experience a plus
Please submit resume, cover letter, portfolio if required and answer all questions in our online interface for consideration.
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.