SensisHealth, our dedicated healthcare marketing practice within Sensis, is looking for an engaged and inquisitive mind to support day-to-day research, strategic planning, and digital and brand strategy for multiple healthcare clients.
SensisHealth creates and executes marketing, advertising and communications strategies for the healthcare industry. We reach all patient communities, with specific expertise in Hispanic, African American, LGBTQ and select Asian communities.
This position is as unique as our agency - we need a rare blend of thinker and doer, a self-starter with a career focus on healthcare, as well as experience in the digital realm. The ideal candidate should understand the healthcare industry (providers, payers, pharma, and public health), media and technology, be curious about what makes consumers tick, and have exposure to diverse cultures.
The Healthcare Strategist will support developing and conducting formal and informal research to obtain deep consumer insights. This person’s work will directly inform the development of integrated marketing and communications solutions at every stage, working across the diverse cultural spectrum of today’s healthcare industry. They will support strategy development for all SensisHealth client work – creative, media and technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop accurate and insightful conclusions from secondary research data
- Support the design and implementation of primary research that will aid in the consumer insight gathering and strategic process
- Generate data to support agency’s strategic POVs, and find new and innovative ways to package and visualize data in ways that enable decision-making
- Draft highly-structured presentations using PowerPoint, Word, Excel, infographics, with an eye toward finding new, more innovative presentation tools
- Assist in developing internal creative, media briefings that provide clear, persuasive, and actionable information
- Work closely and proactively with account management colleagues to provide strategic direction
- Support new business activities as directed
- Monitor and interpret emerging cultural, social, and healthcare marketing trends
- Work closely with our tech and UX teams on digital strategy – providing strategic input for web, social and mobile programs and initiatives
- Manage and disseminate primary and secondary research knowledge across all agency teams
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of work experience working in a marketing function with a healthcare or public health organization, or a healthcare advertising agency
- Must be passionate about population health, underserved communities and the healthcare industry at large
- MUST be able to roll up your sleeves and dig deep to deliver whatever is needed, and always with a cheerful attitude
- Experience with primary research, including quantitative (e.g., surveys) and qualitative (e.g., focus groups, ethnographies) research preferred
- General Market AND multicultural (Hispanic, African-American, Asian, etc.) experience preferred
- Digital experience highly prioritized
- Experience using Simmons, ComScore and other syndicated research tools preferred
- Expert in generating research reports, presentations, white papers, and drafting client communications
- Demonstrable expert-level use of Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to locate, read and interpret information from a variety of sources, such as trade journals, research reports, white papers and cross-tabulated survey data
- Proficiency in data analytics and data visualization
- Proven ability to effectively present to internal audiences
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Some experience with project management tools preferred
Sensis is a cross-cultural marketing agency driving behavior change. Moving beyond cultural boxes, we create useful, digitally relevant content to drive consumer action. Ads don't work. Content does. Because people experience content. To change behavior, you need to engage people first—through useful, digitally relevant means. These are the tools we use to build engagement, spark motivation and drive action among the cultures our clients look to influence. Along with our integrated advertising services, Sensis offerings include specialty practices SensisHealth, SensisChallenges and SensisCMO.
In addition to a competitive compensation package, we offer a generous amount of paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, health/dental/vision insurance, a 401(k) plan, along with other benefits.